Gaudí: The Sagrada Família Tour
COVID-19: To ensure your health, Sagrada Família is applying all health and sanity measures established by the Ministry of Health. Check here sanity rules for visitor
gaudí: The sagrada famÍlia tour
Include entrace fees to:
We will begin with a ride along Passeig de Gràcia avenue, which has two of the most famous designs by Gaudí: Casa Batlló and La Pedrera. You will then go towards the Sagrada Família with an expert guided tour and some free time to explore on your own.
Why Should You Choose the Gaudí: Sagrada Família Tour?
- Experience the very best of Gaudí’s designs.
- A fast track entrance to the Sagrada Família.
- The tour is only spoken in English, making it easier for you to follow the entire story and facts.
- The stop at la Sagrada Família is at the end of the tour, so you can stay on and admire the building for as long as you would like to.
What Will You See On Our Tour?
A View of Who Was Gaudí
Antoni Gaudí was a visionary architect during Barcelona’s modernista period in early 1900. He graced Barcelona with nearly many extraordinary buildings with extravagant designs. No less than 7 of his building designs have been listed as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO, including a part of Sagrada Família and Casa Batlló.
Open your eyes, heart and mind – wonder at how Gaudí used nature as his main source of inspiration, you will find that what looks like chaos is actually based in sophisticated mathematics. Each detail is full of surprises waiting to be discovered and admired.
Passeig de Gràcia
You will start with a bus ride along Passeig de Gràcia, a broad and elegant avenue that was built by the wealthy Barcelonians and for them, – and they have never left; luxury and design shops line the street along with major banks and stock exchange offices. Architectural details include modernist lamp posts, with Gaudí’s designed tiles for the pavement, and a myriad of grand and exotic buildings:
- La Pedrera or Casa Milà
- Casa Batlló
- The Block of Discord: where the main architects from the Modernista style had the chance to show off their very best
La Sagrada Família
The jewel in the crown of Gaudí’s works. La Sagrada Família is a synthesis of his overall conception of architecture and years of experience. The richness of each detail and its significance, require a proper explaining in order to fully appreciate this fascinating and extraordinary building in full.
Gaudí wished the temple, which is still under construction today, to be financed by the people, not by government taxes or private funding, and that’s just what your entrance fee does (included in our tour price): finance the completion of the building that began in 1882
- La Sagrada Família Outline. Each façade explains the three main chapters of the life of Jesus. You will walk in through the Nativity Façade – look closely, the whole birth process is represented there. And, at the other side of the basilica is the Passion Façade, representing all of the stages and up to the point where Jesus was crucified on the cross.
- Inside the Basilica. There are no words to describe the first time you enter the Sagrada Família. The curved columns resembling trees, the light that dances and plays across the hall in a constant change of colors. Just wait and see! It doesn’t even matter if you’re not religious, you will be in awe of the grandeur and size of the temple.
- At the Museum. Gaudí’s studio workshop is essential to understand how he worked and thought of every detail. The models he used are beyond anyone’s imagination, and have served as an inspiration to a lot of current and past artists as well
All Barcelona Highlights Tour
Do you want to know the best of Barcelona in just a sigle day? This is your Tour.
Sagrada Família + Montserrat & Condorniu
Two visits in one day: Montserrat and cellars Codorniu + Sagrada Família Tour
Adult: 138 €
The Gaudí Tour
Spending time with Gaudí is a essencial piece of your visit to Barcelona.